成为简·奥斯汀 Becoming Jane 中英剧本
成为简·奥斯汀 Becoming Jane 中英剧本
"
"不拘于...
'
"礼节...
"
"随心所欲...
"..."
"...礼节..."
"The boundaries of propriety were vigorously assaulted.
"不拘礼节 随心所欲
"The boundaries of propriety were vigorously assaulted, as was only right,
"不拘礼节 随心所欲 这没错
"but not quite breached, as was also right.
"但从不过头 这也没错
"Nevertheless,
"然而...
"she was not pleased."
"她并不满足"
- What is it?        - Jane.
怎么回事?      是简
Jane!
简!
<font color=f3e1d1>成为简·奥斯汀 </font>
Oh, dear me.
天呢
That girl needs a husband.
得给那姑娘个丈夫
And who's good enough? Nobody.
谁又配得上呢? 没人
I blame you for that.
这都怪你
Being too much the model of perfection.
怪我是个完美的模范
I've shared your bed for 32 years
和你同床32年了
and perfection is something I have not encountered.
我从没遇到过完美的事
Yet.
到目前为止
No. Stop it. Mr Austen,
别这样 停下来 奥斯汀先生
it's Sunday! Stop, no,
今天是礼拜天 停下来 别 今天是...
The utmost of a woman's character is expressed in the duties of daughter,
女人的特性最充分地表现在 她作为女儿...
sister and, eventually, wife and mother.
妹 最终作为一个妻子和母亲的责任
It is secured by soft attraction,
这依赖于她那温柔的魅力
virtuous love and quiet in the early morning.
高尚的爱 和清晨的安宁
If a woman happens to have a particular superiority,
如果一个女人碰巧生有所长
for example, a profound mind, it is best kept a profound secret.
比方说 深远的智慧 最好藏作一个秘密
Humour is liked more, but wit? No.
幽默更讨人喜欢 但智慧不是
It is the most treacherous talent of them all.
拥有那种才华是最大的危险
Now, George, old fellow, you know you have to stay.
好了 乔治 你得留下来
- Jenny! - George, George.
珍妮!
Hurry along, Jane! We'll be late!
快跟上 简 我们要迟了
When Her Ladyship calls, we must obey.
夫人下令时 我们就得遵命
Come along, Jane.
快点 简
Lady Gresham, may I introduce my niece
格雷欣夫人 允许我介绍 我的侄女
Comtesse De Feuillide
德·芙伊德伯爵夫人
and Mr Fowle, Cassandra's fiance.
还有福先生 卡珊德拉的未婚夫
Comtesse? Then you presume to be French?
伯爵夫人? 你该是法国人吧
By marriage.
是嫁过来的
Monsieur le Comte is not here to pay his respects?
伯爵先生不亲自来拜访?
A prior engagement, ma'am,
他有约在先 夫人
Monsieur le Comte was obliged to pay
his respects to
必须去拜访勒·吉约坦夫人
Madame le Guillotine.
(Guillotine指断头台 暗指已过世)
I see your nephew is with us again.
又见到您的侄子了
Mr Wisley.
韦斯利先生
Wisley is indispensable to my happiness.
韦斯利就是我幸福的源泉
Well, do sit down.
都坐吧
Mr Fowle and Cassandra are only recently engaged.
福先生和卡珊德拉才刚订婚
When shall you marry?
你们什么时候结婚?
- Not for some time, Your Ladyship.          - Why not?
暂时不会 尊贵的夫人      为什么?
I'm also engaged to go to the West Indies
我要作为克雷文爵士的随军牧师
with Lord Craven's expedition against the French, as chaplain.
远赴西印度岛参加对法作战
What has Craven offered you?
克雷文给了你什么?
I've hopes of a parish on my return.
回来时我有希望得到一个教区
How much is it worth?
那值多少?
Enough to marry on, in a modest way.
足够举办婚礼 不铺张的话
Mr Wisley, did you know the Basingstoke assemblies resume?
韦斯利先生 你听说镇上的舞会了吗
Very soon, I believe.
快到了 我想
Jane does enjoy a ball.
简非常喜欢舞会
Wisley can't abide them.
韦斯利受不了舞会
But, sir,
但是 先生
a ball is an indispensable blessing to the juvenile part of the neighbourhood.
舞会非常有益于邻里附近的青年人
Everything agreeable in the way of talking and sitting down together
大家坐下来 聊聊天 很惬意
all managed with the utmost decorum.
这也合乎礼仪
An amiable man could not object.
作为一位绅士是不该拒绝的
Then I find I'm converted.
那我还是去
Displayed like a brood mare.
就像匹柔弱的母马
- Mr Wisley is a highly eligible young gentleman.        - Oh, Mother! 送老师的贺卡祝福语
韦斯利先生可是个非常合适的人选      妈妈!
- You know our situation, Jane. - Oh!
你得明白我们的状况 简
And he is Lady Gresham's favourite nephew and heir.
他是格雷欣夫人最疼爱的侄子
One day, he shall inherit this.
他迟早会继承这里
Excellent prospects!
多好的景!
His small fortune will not buy me.
他那几个臭钱收买不了我
What will buy you, cousin?
那什么才能收买你 表妹?
It's not finished yet.
还没结束呢
More wary in the world, Mr Lefroy.
机灵点 勒弗罗伊先生
You can pay me for that later.
打完再付钱吧
Come on, Mr Lefroy.
上啊 勒弗罗伊先生
Come on, man, hit him!
上啊 打他!
Lefroy!
勒弗罗伊!
- WOMAN: Glass of wine with you, sir?        - Madam.
要来杯酒吗 先生?      很荣幸
-
Displaying to advantage, I see, Lefroy.      Like the sword, Austen.
打得不错啊 勒弗罗伊      就差一点
奥斯汀
How long before you have to get back to the sticks?
这次待多久再回乡下去?
A day.
一天
So soon?
这么快?
Doghouse, debts, but one must cut some sort of
有麻烦 一屁股债 不过 就算只是个民兵
什么进口奶粉好
a figure even in the militia.
也要显出些尊严了
Especially when condemned to a parsonage, my friend.
尤其是在牧师面前 我的朋友
Yes.
是啊
Still, who is this sour-faced little virgin?
那个红脸小处男是谁?
Your pardon, ma'am.
劳驾 女士
Mr Tom Lefroy, may I present Mr John Warren?
汤姆·勒弗罗伊先生 让我介绍下约翰·沃伦先生
Joining me in Hampshire, my father is preparing us both for holy orders.
父亲要我们两个回汉普郡供神职
I understand you've visited Hampshire, Mr Lefroy.
我知道你来过汉普郡 勒弗罗伊先生
Last year.
去年
Long visit, was it?
待了很长时间吧
Very long, Mr Warren. Almost three hours.
是很长 沃伦先生 将近3个小时
Mr Austen, you're devilishly handsome. A kiss, a kiss.
奥斯汀先生太英俊了 亲一个 亲一个
So, Tom, where should we go? Vauxhall Gardens?
汤姆 我们去哪儿? 沃克斯花园?
Been there.
去过了
Lefroy, there's a Tahitian Love Fest on at White's.
勒弗罗伊 怀特家 有个塔希提式的爱情舞会
Seen it.
看过了
- Crockford's?        - Crockford's? Done that.
克劳克福德呢      克劳克福德? 玩过了
Or did it do me?
好像吧
Wh-wh-wh-what is a Tahitian Love Fest?
塔希提爱情舞会是怎么回事?
Warren!
沃伦!
I humbly beg your pardon, sir.
不好意思 先生 我过一下
Theft of one pig is a crime, heinous to be sure,
偷一头猪是犯罪 毫无疑问非常可恨
but
但是偷两头猪...
Two pigs is a violent assault on the very sanctity of private property itself.
是对私人财产不可侵犯的亵渎
You and your kind are a canker on the body social.
你和你这样的人是社会的弊害
And cankers are cut out.
必须被清除
Transportation for life. Next.
终身流放 下一个
- Why are you here in London, sir?        - To learn the law.
你来伦敦是为了什么 先生?      学习法律
- Which has no other end but what?        - The preservation of the rights of property.
那法律是为了什么?        维护对财产的权利
- Against?        - The mob.
来对抗?      那些
Therefore, order is kept
所以 秩序安稳
because
因为我们有...
- A standing army?        - Good manners, sir, and prudence.
常备军?      是礼貌 先生 还有谨慎
-
Do you know that word? Prudence?        - Yes.
你知道"谨慎"这个词吗        知道
Consider myself.
就说我自己吧
I was born rich, c
ertainly,
当然 我生来富有
but I remain rich by virtue of exceptional conduct.
但我现在仍富有 是因为出的表现
I have shown restraint.
我会约束自己
Your mother, my sister,
你妈妈 也就是我的妹妹
became poor because she
她会变穷是因为她没管好自己
She married my father because she loved him.
她是因为爱才嫁给我父亲的
Yes, and that's why you have so many brothers
对 这就是为什么
and sisters back
你有那么多兄弟妹生活在...
Limerick.
利墨里克郡
If you hope, I
如果你希望 我是说希望...
If you aspire to inherit my property,
如果你有志成为我的财产继承人
you must prove yourself more worthy.
你得证明你值得
But what do we find? We find dissipation
但我们看到了什么? 挥霍
wild enough to glut the imaginings of a Hottentot braggadocio.
放纵自己 尽会吹牛
Wild companions, gambling,
金志文 关喆交些狐朋狗友 还有赌博
running around St James's
在公园周围跑来跑去
like a neck-or-nothing young blood of the fancy.
像个做白日梦的无知青年
- What kind of lawyer will that make?          - Typical.
那会让你成为什么样的律师?      典型的
Humour?
幽默感?
Well, you're going to need that because I'm teaching you a lesson.
很好 你会需要的 因为我要给你个教训
I'm sending you to stay with your other relations, the Lefroys.
我打算把你送去和你的家人住 勒弗罗伊一家
- Uncle, they live in the country.        - Deep in the country.
舅舅 他们住在乡下      是很偏僻的乡下
Jane?
简?
Can you?
帮我个忙?
Thank you.
谢谢
I think you two quite the prettiest sisters in England.
我觉得你们俩绝对是 全英国最漂亮的妹
Mr Fowle will be enchanted.
福先生会被迷死的
San Domingo is half a world away.
圣·多明戈在世界另一头
He'll forget me.
他会忘了我
Impossible. Look at the memory you're giving him tonight.
不可能 今晚你会留给他美好的回忆
Cassie.
凯西
His heart will stop at the very sight of you
一看到你他的心跳就会停住
or he doesn't deserve to live.
不然他就不配活着了
And, yes, I'm aware of the contradiction embodied in that sentence.
当然 我知道这句话有矛盾
Is it?
是他吗
Jane!
简!
Henry!
亨利!
You look wonderful.
你看上去真好
Well, hello, John. It's very good to see you.
你好约翰 真高兴见到你
- Nice to see you.        - Oh, John!
很高兴见到你      约翰!
George!
乔治!
Leave your brother alone.
别捉弄你兄弟了
Jane! Jane? Have you heard?
简! 简? 你听说了么?
My father's nephew is
staying with us.
我爸爸的侄子要和我们一起住了
From London.
从伦敦来的
- He           - A brilliant young lawyer.
是个...      年轻聪明的律师
- Lucy, please.        - With a reputation.
露西 别这样      很有名
For lateness?
迟到的名声?
Hat off, George. Hat off, Father's ready.
把帽子摘了 乔治 把帽子摘了 你父亲要说话
- Thank you, John.        - Please.
谢谢 约翰      请
The family is always moving
这个家族总在不断前进
in great ways and small.
小龙虾的做法
无论是大的方面还是小的方面
Firstly, the small. Henry is back from Oxford with his degree,
先从小的说起 亨利拿到了剑桥的学位
- thank goodness.        - Well done.
生物医学工程专业
谢天谢地      干得好
And our friend John,
还有我们的朋友约翰
my new student. Then the great.
我的新学生 再来说说大的方面
Cassandra, who is forsaking us for her brother Edward and his family at the coast
卡珊德拉要离开我们去海边 她兄弟爱德华那里
whilst Robert voyages to the West Indies with Lord Craven's expedition.
同时罗伯特会随克雷文大人 远征西印度岛
And then, together, they can embark
然后 他们就能一起
on that most great and most serious journey of life.
开始一段 美妙的 重要的人生旅程 薯片是用什么做的
Miss Austen, I understand you will be
奥斯汀小 我想你很乐意
favouring us with a reading?
为我们朗读你的祝词吧
- Do, Jane.        - Do.
去吧 简
-
Oh, please, Miss Jane.        - Oh, yes, Jane, do.
去吧 简
Please, Jane.
简 去吧
"Advice from a young lady on the engagement of her beloved sister Cassandra
"一位年轻女士给她至爱的卡珊德拉
"to a Fowle."
和一个叫福的 订婚建议"
"His addresses were offered in a manner violent enough to be flattering.
"他谈吐随意 近乎于谄媚
"The boundaries of propriety were vigorously assaulted, as was only right,
"不拘礼节 随心所欲 这没错
"but not quite breached, as was also right.
"但从不过头 这也没错
"Nevertheless, "
"不过 她...
And may I introduce my young nephew Mr Thomas Lefroy?
请允许我介绍 我年轻的侄子汤姆·勒弗罗伊?
And he's more than welcome. Join us, sir, join us.
欢迎你 跟我们一起吧
Green velvet coat. Vastly fashionable.
绿的天鹅绒外衣 非常时髦
You'll find this vastly amusing.
你会觉得这很有趣
"His
"他谈吐...
"The boundaries of propriety were vigorously assaulted,
"不拘礼节 随心所欲
"as was only right, but not quite breached, as was also right.
"没错 但从不过头 也没错
"Nevertheless, she was not pleased.
"不过 她不会满足...
"Her taste was refined, her

版权声明:本站内容均来自互联网,仅供演示用,请勿用于商业和其他非法用途。如果侵犯了您的权益请与我们联系QQ:729038198,我们将在24小时内删除。